Hello Baby!

Friday, December 9, 2016

Went to my OB/GYN for an ultrasound. According to calculations, our baby should be 7 weeks 2 days old. Though, the ultrasound shows our second bean a little younger, 6 weeks and 5 days. Not a big problem. According to Dr. Mona, baby looks fine but she'd like to do another ultrasound in 4 weeks, which is about the 10th-11th week. Normally, the next ultrasound is at 12 weeks.




Pregnancy has been fine aside from the gagging, nauseating, and vomiting bliss. My smell receptors are extra strong. I can smell the faintest of anything disgusting. Even the smell of cooking food makes puke.

I've been bloated. My pants don't fit and I'm feeling rather swollen. Haven't gained weight, but my doctor suggests that I exercise to get my energy up. Been feeling unmotivated and lethargic. I'm far from depression, but this is typical during the winter season when everything is dark, gloomy, and cold.


All this while taking care of our almost 5 year old. He's so precious, full of hope, love, and energy. He'd been sick this whole week and missed school, piano lessons, and gymnastics. It was heartbreaking to see him so mellow and tired during the day, and then the recurring fever visiting during the night. Brought him to the doctor early in the morning where they ordered a lab test to check his blood for possible traces of Walking Pneumonia. Maksim was a trooper at the lab and didn't wince while getting his blood drawn. Two hours later, the confirmed it was Walking Pneumonia and e-prescribed a strong medicine. We were afraid that we were going to cancel his birthday party on Sunday, but per doctor, after 24 hours of taking the medication, he shouldn't be contagious. Huge difference after taking the medication. He took a nap, he slept well and no fever. Five more days of this medication and he'll be back to his old self.

Maksim knows nothing about the pregnancy. I've slipped a couple of times, and my mother jumped the gun and had him wear a "BIG BRO" shirt. Apparently, he already knows that he'll be a big brother - someday. He still doesn't know there's a baby growing inside me. Still, I've been over protective of my belly.

I adore our babies. Can't wait to hold my little one in the summer. So grateful for this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan