Motherhood

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Maksim has been battling a high fever since Sunday. He started with the sniffles on Friday so we didn't go out all weekend, then it progressed to a fever and a sore throat. I've been sleeping on the floor next to his bed to take his temperatures during various times of the night. He wakes up at random crying soaked in sweat. At times I change his clothes three times a night. It has been exhausting but it's part of being a mother. When he's sick, all he wants is his mom... me. It's unusual the house is quiet. Maksim has resorted to whispering to save his voice. Something he picked up from me last month when I battled the flu. It helps him and he loves the extra cuddle time with me.

Every morning, my husband and his dad blend vegetables in the vitamix with cooked mushrooms and onions. The thought of it nauseates me but never actually hurling in the toilet. This morning was a different story. The sight of it and the thought of drinking the green goo with onions made me vomit. The days of only night sickness (vomiting) no longer stands alone, for now puking also comes in the morning.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother eating at all. Foods that I use t enjoy now make me gag. It's been difficult going through all this with a sick child... but it's also divinely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan