Along with the erratic headaches came a new kind of pain that developed in the lower right pelvic area over the ovaries. It started Saturday while we were walking at the park. I sat on a bench and upon mobility came the shocking affliction. It scared me. I spent the rest of the day doing research online, freaking out that every possible diagnosis would inevitably turn into a catch-22 causing me to become a lunatic hypochondriac. My poor husband had to endure the ridiculousness of the situation - my absurd self uncertified diagnoses that caused unnecessary mental anguish.
So I finally got a certified diagnosis from my OBGYN - round ligament pain. This pain is caused by the stretching of the ligaments that support the uterus within the abdomen. Once the uterus increase in size and weight, the tensions run high stretching the ligaments - this causes such discomfort and pain (not to mention the baby's head in the general area).
In addition, as much vitamins, pregnant super foods, and water I'm consuming, it turns out that my body lacks sufficient nutrients since our baby has been sucking me dry. With such water and protein intake must be increased. There's no problem with drinking more water, it's consuming protein that proves difficult.
Through it all, I'm glad it's nothing too serious. Thank God for that! We just want our baby to be healthy, no matter my discomfort. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment