Getting Ready

Tuesday, November 22, 2011


There's something about packing that excites me - be it for a long vacation or a short weekender trip. However packing bags for a hospital labor is completely different. Though the act itself still excites me, the anticipation is greater and the experience much more gratifying. Instead of traveling and exploring a new place, my husband and I will soon embark on a journey that will lead us to our utopia... to a place we've always dreamed of for our future - parenthood.

I've already started packing my hospital bag with: nursing clothes, nursing pads, nipple cream, pajamas, and toiletries. Our baby bag also arrived yesterday and in it are a few diapers, baby travel creams, baby wipes, some clothes, socks, hat, plush toys, pacifier, zip lock bags, and receiving blanket. There's still so many things to pack and the daddy bag still needs to be put together. But soon I'll be a mommy toting around diaper bags and baby gear. So exciting!

Dre also assembled the play yard (from grandma and grandpa) which is located in our bedroom. Baby A is going to be sleeping in our room with us for a few months until he makes the final move to his nursery. It's a lot safer this way and it will give us a chance to figure out his pattern and the whole raising up baby routine. It will also be a lot easier at night to keep an eye on him, hear him cry, change his diaper, and feed him. The first few months of motherhood will be an extreme change but I'm ready and am looking forward to all that it brings, even the fatigue and the lack of sleep bit.

Also, Auntie Melanie gave us this brilliant swing and bouncer chair that will keep our baby quiet, happy, and entertained. It has music, it swings, and the chair comes apart so that the baby can sit on the vibrating chair alone. Apparently, it's suppose to calm him down. This little contraption will make our lives a lot easier. I can't wait to put him in it.

The nursery still needs a lot of work. He has a lot of clothes that I still need to wash, and there's a lot of organizing to be done. It's almost overwhelming because I don't know where to start. In less than two months, Baby A will be home. Hopefully I can get a lot accomplished before then.

But through it all, preparation and everything, I never expected that I'd be in this happy and this satisfied with life when Andrey and I first started dating, then marriage, then adopted pets, and now anticipating the birth of our son. I look at my husband everyday and love him more for what he's provided: unconditional love, a new culture (Russian), a family with wonderful pets, our soon to be son - and most of all - him for just being himself. He is such a blessing to our little family and I hope that our little baby will grow to look up to his wonderful daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan