Perfectly Round

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

At today's appointment, the nurse at my OBGYN office said that my bump is perfectly round (perfect shape) compared to the other bumps of other pregnant women. It kind of made me feel good. Everything is going well and peachy thus far.

Anyway, once again, my weight is up but I'm not worried about it anymore. I'm more worried about what my body will look like post labor. There is a show on the Discovery Channel Fitness & Health called, My Naked Secret, that featured this 34 year old woman who was ashamed of her body after having four children. Post pregnancy gave her asymmetrical saggy breasts with excessive sagging in her mid section. It was an emotional show but the problem was solved through surgery via breast reduction and tummy tuck. It was disappointing because not all women have the luxury (nor the need) of surgery to repair their body. It showed that surgery is the only option to attain happiness and contentment.

As far as desperate measures, I still wouldn't go through the surgery route which is why I'm super excited to get Chalene Johnson's, Turbo Fire. I already have her Turbo Jam workout videos (which kept me physically healthy during pregnancy), and I love them. I'm one of her biggest fans and can not wait to try out Turbo Fire.  Everyone is gung-ho over P90X and P90X2, but it's extremely difficult and knowing myself I'd quit since I'd be impatient about my progress. So at the end of January 2012, I'm going to purchase the Turbo Fire once I've recovered. I can not wait!!

I've seen many before and after pictures of women who exercised and watched their diets to tighten their bodies post pregnancy - without surgery! So that's the route I've chosen to take. It may take a couple of years, but it's better than surgery.

1 comment:

  1. ah I'm still waiting to start working out... I really underestimated childbirth, thought it would take a lot less to recover from and that I would be in the gym running after 2 weeks... tried fast walking at that time and was really wrong for doing so... so now we're on week 5 and I'm still waiting, hopefully not too much more to go, will see what doc thinks :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan