Scaling Up

Monday, August 22, 2011


This is the first time in my whole entire life that there is an inconsistency between food consumed and energy expended. Mentally the thought is disturbing, however adding pregnancy to the equation proves that its normal. Nonetheless, I can't help but feel uneasy with the prompt weight gain in a short span of time.

I've been exercising an average of an hour and a half a day: yoga, brisk walking, low impact aerobics, muscle toning, and etc. and this usually keeps me at a constant weight - but now that number on the scale is scaling up. I gained x lbs in 3 weeks. I've been eating whole grains, lots of salad, and fruits. Okay I admit, I've been eating more carbs and consuming two to three spoonfuls of desserts a day to keep me sane - but overall that should not make a difference in the weight gain when it didn't make a difference in the past.

Through it all, I know I need to make better effort at my food intake. It's getting more difficult because every dish seems to have this party-to-my-taste-bud effect.

To be fair and self assuring, these x pounds are the first cumulative pounds gained throughout this whole pregnancy. I'm lucky for that but I should be mentally prepared to gain more.

Honestly, this takes a lot of mental preparation. As much as I want to increase the impact of exercise, I must lay low for the baby's sake. At least he's loving it. After each work out he's extremely active moving and kicking like there's a salsa and merengue marathon in my belly. This boy is going to be athletic like like his papa.

But I'm just lucky to have a husband who constantly assures me of how beautiful and "not fat" I am throughout this pregnancy even though I feel like a walrus. Gotta love him. He makes me feel good when I'm down. He is my one and only... my Mr. Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan