We had our monthly check-up (18 weeks) early this afternoon. It was an interesting appointment since our baby kept kicking the Doppler when we were listening to his/her heartbeat. We'd hear the fast heartbeat, then a couple of thumps, then the heartbeat would come on the speaker again. This went on several times. It was so cute.
So yes, the fluttering feeling I've had since the end of week 16 was the baby moving. It's such an amazing feeling. Sometimes I just lay in bed, hold my belly, feel how hard its getting, and then wait for our baby to move. It is an incredible experience.
I still think our baby is going to be a boy and I know I've said it a million times but, I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE 15TH!!!
I decided to make this blog public after 25 weeks... more so when we find out the sex of the baby. Not going to announce the blog, I'll just put it out there for people to discover.
Recent Challenges:
- It is getting harder to bend over, pick stuff off the floor, and then get back up.
- Food cravings are intense. All the sudden I want to eat everything.
- Accepting that my body is changing. Accepting the fact that I will gain more weight.
- My hormones are all over the place which means that I get emotional more often.
- Fashion. I still want to wear 4 inch heels and little black dresses - but there aren't many pregnant friendly outfits out there. Maternity clothes are also scarce (not exactly my type).
- Hiding the bump. But oddly I can't wait till people start to notice my expanding belly.
- Productivity. As much as I want to get a ton of things done, the bed successfully lures me in for a power nap.


No comments:
Post a Comment