This is Maksim's lullaby song played every night at bed time.
Motherhood is exhausting but rewarding. I'm getting used to the sleepless nights. Even the sleeping husband doesn't bother me as much anymore; but I give him credit for being a wonderful father to our little baby boy.
I went for an OBGYN check up today. The C-section site healed beautifully and I was given the GO to exercise once again. This is wonderful news even though it's difficult to find time to work out throughout the day since I'm so tired.
Maksim has his days and nights mixed up. It got so bad that one time it took us until 2:00 a.m. to get him to sleep. So we composed a game plan:
GAME PLAN:
- minimal sleeping during the day
- lots of talking and playing during the day
- normal noise volume during the day
- hushed tones at night
- bath time before bed
- lavender scented bath kit
- swaddling only at night
- lights turned off during sleep time
It's a lot of work but has worked so far. Last night he went to bed at 11:45 p.m. and tonight he slept at 10:25 p.m. AMEN, HALLELUJAH OH MY SOUL!!!
Also, my mother agreed to babysit Maksim twice a week - which is wonderful so that we can thoroughly clean the house, run errands, and etc. It's a win-win since she misses him a lot. Speaking of my mother, below is a little digital art she put together of Maksim.


No comments:
Post a Comment