we will serve the Lord.
Joshua 24:15
Joshua 24:15
I remember when my husband wanted to give up selling our old house. It was nearing the 6th month mark that it had been listed in the market and we've grown tired of getting it ready for showing at a minutes notice. Through it all, I persisted and convinced him to take the last three showings. It made a world of difference and we accepted one of two offers. To this day, he thanks me for my persistance because none of this would have happened.
The three month stay at the apartment allowed me to be grateful to live in our new house. We closed on our property on lot 7 on Friday, 7/7/17. What a wonderful coincidence of sevens. We started to move in on Sunday, and our first night was on Tuesday. Our stuff is still strewn about everywhere and it will take time to get it organized, but we are so thankful that my parents, brother, father-in-law, and friend (Gabriel A) helped with the moving. Can not get over how grateful we all are with everyone's help.
Here's the backyard that Andrey and his father fell head over heels in love with when it was still dirt and weeds. It's humongous. They have plans on making it an oasis. I'm most looking forward to a brick patio with a built in fire pit.
Above is the light fixture that I was told to choose and order but the builders didn't put it in because it wasn't included in the blue print. I told them to return it but since it was a big headache for them to process including numerous fees, they decided to install it. No complaints here. I love the orb lighting.
Maksim posing in our kitchen. I'm completely enamoured by our design and color choices, down to the appliances. ❤️ Another room I am smitten with is our laundry room, which we decided to put in the second floor. I've done laundry for two straight days without agonizing the HIIT workout up and down the stairs, especially at 38 weeks pregnant.
Everyone is adjusting to the new house. We're still organizing since the majority of our stuff is still in boxes and some of our furniture are still at my parents' house. It's amazing how we fit all our stuff in our old home. Maksim LOVES his new room. The pets are well. Pretzel and Jean-the-Cat (Zhan) are in the basement till their diapers arrive on Saturday, and Colette is walking around with me. She's trained to do her business outside. She's a good girl. Valeska's room is almost ready. We've organized some of her clothes. It's lovely to see baby girl clothes in her closet. Little by little, we're getting our home established.
Maksim and his Gumma did the landscape design in the front of the house. This was my parents' gift to us. So grateful. ❤️ They did such a wonderful job. Next year, we'll plant hydrangeas in front of the window. I love these ones here with the southern charm, unfortunately the ones left at the garden stores look horrible.
As for me being rushed to the hospital Tuesday morning - false alarm, I was told to calm down. Apparently my husband and the rest of the family put me on bed rest and told me not to drive. I'm fine with it, but it feels like house arrest, which at this point I really don't mind. I've discovered ordering groceries online and having it delivered for free. I am also working from home, all while sitting down. lol. In less than one week, we'll meet our baby girl. Stay tuned. ❤️
Amen, amen, and amen.





No comments:
Post a Comment