Feeding and the Wow Factor

Wednesday, April 11, 2012


Once again my life is complete with my son by my side.  Like mentioned in my previous post, it's amazing how much he has grown in a week and a half.  His hair has gotten thicker, he laughs and smiles a lot more, and he loves to interact with people.  However, feeding him went from hard to difficult.  He will definitely let you know he's hungry, but feeding him is a whole different story.  He sucks on that nipple but likewise wants to look around so his head constantly moves from side to side.  He smiles while feeding and wants to talk so silence is mandatory during these times.  Any type of distraction (someone's voice, a bright screen, the window) must be avoided.  It's kind of funny that I have to look away for him to eat otherwise he'll want to babble and play.  What is challenging is holding the bottle of a hungry baby who thinks he can feed himself.  His little hands want to grasp that bottle but most of the time he slaps it off my hands and then it falls to the floor.  Oy!!!  It's okay though, as tough as it is I love every minute of it.


A BIG THING just happened.  Such a WOW factor for me.  After I gave him his Sophie the Giraffe to chew on (instead of chewing on his hands), he had some belly time and the next thing I knew he rolled over on to his back!  Say what?  I'm so happy with every milestone he has.  It made my day.  WOW!!!

In all other news, losing weight with a baby is tough!  Somehow I need to figure it out. 

2 comments:

  1. Rolling over? That's awesome! Congratulations to the little man! We have a little one here, Lena, who's about two months old. She is just starting to lift her head on her own a little,(if she's upright against my chest facing out)and its so cool to see. 12 month clothes? Come on, I was hoping to see a little baby!!! What a big boy! Gorgeous as always...

    Have a good day!

    -Sam:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's getting really heavy. So glad that your family is coming back in June for good! Once you all are settled in, we should all do something.

      P.S. Saw pictures of Lena in your blog and Mak's blog. She is adorable.

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan