I cleaned out my closet today and packed away my precious maternity clothes. How in the world could it be such the emotional event? I held one of the dresses, hugged it, and then smelled it. I smiled remembering all that transpired during the pregnancy and then all the sudden I was crying... crazy isn't it? My maternity days were the happiest and healthiest I had ever been. My skin was flawless, my hair was lustrous, and I could get away with letting it all hang out. The best part was anticipating the arrival of our son, wondering what he'd look like, and then finally holding him for the first time.
There's just something sentimental about these clothes that I hold dear to my heart. They are material possessions but they hold so many memories of great significance... because with all that was said and done by a gynecologist who gave us no hope, I never in a million years thought that one day I'd be pregnant and 9 months later have a baby. We are truly blessed with fertility and our wonderful son.

No comments:
Post a Comment