| Read the article here |
I subscribe to the Parenting Magazine as well as subscribing it in facebook. Today they posted an article, "I Want DADDY to Hold Me" with the caption, "Does it bother you when your kids play favorites?"
A little background, I'm an emotional person and I avoid all circumstance dealing with comparisons - likewise emotional competition. When Maksim was a wee little baby, a few weeks old, he did not want to be near me. When I held him he cried and kicked - but when it came to someone else, he was fine. It bothered me to bits. It also bothered me when others mentioned how he was such a good boy with them. They meant well but to me it was a slap on the face which further reminded me that my son did not like me. This went on for a months but later on he like being in my arms... until last night.
I've described how difficult it was to feed him in previous posts, but it was mission impossible last night. Not only did he kick and cry, his arms were all over the place and then he started to arch his back. I tried to burp him but he screamed louder. There were a few times that he went on some kind of baby rampage that it took my all to avoid dropping him. I wanted to scream. Dre finally took him and as soon as he was in his Papa's arms, he stopped crying. Dre also fed him with ease and it further irritated me. I was so distraught that he chose to be calm with his dad. I let it go but deep down it hurt... until this article.
The article made me realize that I needed to drop the jealous act... because choosing favourites is inevitable with kids. They have no shame showing this too. It also made me realize that Maks needs to bond with his daddy a lot - because, in reality, his dad will be his role model. I'm very thankful that Dre is such a good father, I can't even stress that enough. After reading the article, I feel better about a lot of things.
![]() |
| My big boys. |

It's enough that you have a baby and what a blessing he is to you!....There are times that babies and little kids get tired of having the same person take care of them 24/7....it is like eating the same food everyday and every meal....The baby has both parents to be with, so don't feel bad.. of course Maksim loves Mama so much as much as Papa....no favoritism....right Maksim? He does not talk to me as much as he talks to his Uncle Izzy.
ReplyDelete