Welcome to Maksim's Nursery

Wednesday, March 28, 2012


Welcome to Maksim's nursery. I finally got around to taking photos of it.  At first I wanted to paint the walls and get some cute animal wall decals but then decided against it.  He's growing up fast and soon he will have his own interests so the room is bound to change.

There are a few things that we decided to do while raising Maksim: give him the opportunity to make reasonable decisions and to be responsible for those decisions, teach him to problem solve, encourage him to talk (yes we'll probe and ask lots of questions) so that he will be comfortable talking to us about anything, and expand his creativity to further develop his mind.  I really hope we can do it.

At month three Maksim's personality is really showing.  Our little bundle of joy is one happy baby.  He loves to babble and flash that handsome smile he got from his Papa.  It's really cute, the corners of his smiling mouth is exactly like Andrey's - one of the features I loved (and still do) when I first met Dre.  It really puts me in a happy place.  It's such a joy to hear our son laugh out loud.  It's precious.  I only wish I can capture it on video, but whenever I whip out the camera, he quiets down and examines the thing.  He's also a strong boy with his tight grip, strong arms, legs, and he has a stable neck support.  Amen to that!

I searched high and low for English and Russian letters to display in
Maksim's room.  They sell Russian alphabet blocks in Amazon
but nothing for the walls - so I decided to make it via Photoshop.
(The Filipino alphabet is similar to the American alphabet).
I chose a font I liked, Hard Rock, and then copy pasted Maksim's
name in Russian alphabet.  I printed it for 9 cents each.  I used
large binder clips to hold the pictures, and screws to hang them up.
Maksim's drawers and changing station.
Maksim's little toys.  The brown mouse-like toy is a Russian toy of supposedly
unknown animal derived from a children's cartoon.  His name is Cheburashka. 
The cat is from another Russian cartoon.  He is called Kot Matroskin (Cat Matroskin). 
The cartoons are absolutely darling.  Special thanks to Auntie Marina who gave the toys.
I've embedded an episode for each character.  The first is Cheburashka and
the second is Kot Matroskin.  Both cartoons are with English subtitles.
Once you finish part 1/3, there a link for parts 2/3 and 3/3.


Cheburashka


Kot Matroskin
Here are Emile and Remy from Disney's Ratatouille.  Love that movie.
These were the cake toppers that Andrey gave me on my birthday
back when we were dating.  So cute.  I can't find the rest of the figures
but found these two.  They are now for Maksim to play with.
I love that our little boy is multicultural.  Knowing three cultures (American, Ukrainian, Filipino) will build his character and understanding of different cultures.  We hope that one day he will be passionate about his interests and appreciate who he is and what he has.  I hope that we can provide him with the exposure he needs to encourage what he wants to be in life.

2 comments:

  1. Awh, it's so cute! He is a very loved boy. I loved the cartoons...very sweet. We're off to Mumbai tomorrow with monkeys, the Arabian Sea, disgustingness, and Daddy coming our way.

    Wish us luck!!!

    -Sam:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your dad got there all right. Hope your trip to Mumbai was better than expected. :p-)

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan