That Was Easy

Thursday, March 15, 2012


One day I decided to lift weights - the following day I couldn't lift my arms.  What saved me was Maksim's Bebe Bottle Sling.  All I did was sit him in his car seat, secured the bottle in the sling, and then he automatically sucked on the nipple.  I still prefer to hold him while feeding since it's more personal, but on such sore days the bottle sling it is.  That was easy.

Also, I have the BEST husband in the world.  His work is incredibly demanding yet he still gives me one and a half to two hours each day (most of the time) to do whatever I want.  "Whatever I want," used to be shopping, a manicure, a pedicure, watching a movie, browsing the web, and what not.  Now "whatever I want," consists of:  washing and sanitizing baby bottles, working out, taking a shower, cleaning, and making a couple of phone calls.  It varies but things changed so drastically that the 18 year old me wouldn't know who I am today.

So anyway, it took me 30 minutes to take a shower, dry my hair, and style it.  That's a pretty good record - that was easy.  Yeah, I finally love my hair despite the haircut.  Pardon my pic with no makeup, it's pretty late - just focus on the hair.


But I digress, I've been trying to find a medium in which to balance motherhood and who I used to be.  My husband giving me free time in the evening proved it possible.  But that's what motherhood is all about - figuring out how to manage being a wife, being a mother and yet somehow not lose your identity.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maksim, Mama is making it easy for herself not for you honey.....anyway, this is cute, being independent at a very early age huh? soon you will be able to hold your bottle....you are such a good boy. Jeus loves you and I love you too. Gumma

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what if you don't have make up on...you are still my beautiful daughter....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair doo.
    Maksim is too cute!
    Mak

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan