March Madness

Tuesday, March 13, 2012


So it's March Madness.  Time to watch the games and fill out that tournament bracket chart.  Maksim has his game face on.  Like his Papa, he'll probably be playing college basketball... and then perhaps go PRO like his Dedushka (grandpa) Vova.  Whatever he wants.  Nonetheless, Grandma Jody follows college basketball and football, she also gave Maksim the shirt, so of course we're going to take photos!  Maksim and I will definitely try to follow the games.

 
 
I wish I had a photography studio complete with set lights.  I could do so much - endless possibilities of portrait shots.  Wishful thinking.

As far as everything is going, it's getting a lot easier.  I can confidently say that I know our big boy pretty well down to deciphering his cries, grunts, smile, body language, laugh, and anything else I missed.  What's pretty crazy is that I've developed this seventh sense (sixth is intuition beyond diapers) of knowing whether he has a dirty diaper or not.  I sense it from a mile away.  He can also sit up supported and he's even sleeping through the night now.  It's does wonders to my psyche.  Simply wonderful.

Maksim is also interacting, communicating, and laughing now.  It's adorable - these are the joys of motherhood that I never thought I'd experience.  I'm so blessed to be a mommy to a wonderful boy.

In all other news, I got a haircut and I hate it.   My hair cut guy chopped off 5 inches, layered it all over, and framed my face with more uneven layers.  Also, when one straightens their hair,  the layers shouldn't be obvious - but mine look like rice terraces - just a bad haircut.  Odd since I've always loved the way he cut my hair.  What in the world is going on?

Then I went and got my hair highlighted with my colorist.  I liked it at first but now I wish I just had it dyed dark brown so to keep things low maintenance.  I can't wait till it grows back and perhaps in a few months I'll get it colored dark brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan