Toddler Activities: The Collander & Pipe Cleaners

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I love how pinterest is full of ideas on how to keep toddlers busy. There is a plethora of resources available for parents to keep their children (at any age) engaged on something more worthwhile other than television and video games.

Yesterday Maksim and I went for a trip to Michaels. I'm proud of how well behaved our Little Bean was at the store. He didn't want to be strapped to the cart to be totted around like a little boy. No! He wanted to help his Mama push the cart, and that was exactly what we did. When he saw someone knocking off paint from the shelf, he ran to the paint on the floor and placed it back on the shelf. He helped me put stuff in the cart and when he wanted something, I let him carry it around in the store and then explained to him that we came to the store to pick up some supplies for him to play with - and that he had to put the ball, truck, or thing back to the shelf. He understood and then hugged me. Towards the end, he said, "Mama, ego home... ego home." Meaning, "Mama let's go home." I'm so proud of our little boy.

So we picked up a bunch of supplies to keep him busy. Last night's activity involved a colander and pipe cleaners. It's pretty self explanatory from the picture above. Kept him busy for half an hour and it also works his motor skills. He loved it.

I absolutely LOVE being a mommy. I find myself reading parenting books and self-development books so that I can give my son (and future kiddos) the intangible treasure of understanding life, the laws of the universe put to good use, and how to problem solve through anything. Gosh, I LOVE him sooo much! He truly transforms me into a better person.

3 comments:

  1. Understanding life--if you figure that out, let me know..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Hi Sam. In all sincerity, to fully understand life is impossible. We must understand that life is not static, it's dynamic... and it's absolutely beautiful that way. I think people often ignore the spiritual aspect of life. In spiritual, I mean, finding peace within your inner self/being and by accepting who you are.

      Many of us give up in finding purpose, but the secret is to constantly give love and gratitude to everything. This is the intangible treasure we will show/teach our son to understand.

      "A change of feeling is a change of destiny."
      - Neville Goddard -

      I've been reading a lot of self-help/self-improvement/parenting books lately - and it has helped shape who I want to be as a person, business woman, and as a mother. There's always room for improvements.

      Delete
  2. Life is an ongoing lesson we have to learn from.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan