The Threaded Needle
Friday, July 22, 2011
A few weeks ago my family was desperate to find out the sex of the baby via superstition. They claim this trick, which was also suggested by our friends the Aquino's, is 100% correct. Basically one must thread a needle, let the needle touch the belly or the wrist and slowly lift it up by the thread. According to legend, the needle will move a certain way which foretells the baby's sex.
I don't normally like to whip my nude belly for everyone to see, but my whole family was extremely pushy and excited. I was scared. Nonetheless, the needle started to move from side to side. It's a boy! Should it rotate in circles, it's a girl! But anyway, we have our ultrasound appointment on Monday, August 15th - the date we'll find out exactly if our baby is a boy or a girl!!! I'm so excited... I know I'm going to cry my eyes out. My eyes are watering even as I type this. So happy and emotional right now.
Mom and I went shopping today and she's more than ever excited about the pregnancy. She was so sweet looking for dresses to fit my pregnant body. She found a ton of dresses that she piled on in the fitting room for me to try on. It was really sweet. Then we started looking for nursery furniture. I told her it was too early to look but apparently she was shopping for their own nursery at their own house. ha ha. She already assumes that our baby will be at their house the majority of the time. ha ha. She's too excited but it makes me happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



done that - worked 100% on everyone who tried it so far... go figure!
ReplyDelete