Ah, Mother's Day! One of my favorite holidays since I became a mommy. Kids bring a plethora of fun, new, and exciting experiences to life - even the chaotic moments when I want to lock myself in the bathroom only to find little fingers under the door trying to creep into the last ounce of sanity I have. It's all worth it though because we'll laugh at these moments in the future and beg to relive it. Ah, mommyhood.Last Friday, in celebration of the Mother's Day weekend, moms had the opportunity to have lunch with their children at school. Maksim anticipated this day throughout the week and kept asking what food I would bring. I took the easy route and brought take out: cheese quesadilla and fries for him, and an ale and cheddar soup with a nice salad for me. Hard to be vegan during this pregnancy. It was wonderful dining with the other mommies and their kiddos. The ambiance was positive and full of energy. Made me feel youthful and alive. The perks of parenting.
Maksim can't make a serious face. He's such a little ham.
This was at his classroom after lunch.
The mother's day gift the kids worked on for their mommies.
They each painted a pot and planted flowers.
This is now sitting in the kitchen window sill.
Every time I see it, it makes my heart happy.
This is now sitting in the kitchen window sill.
Every time I see it, it makes my heart happy.
The Mother's Day card Maksim made for me.
I'll need to frame this.
After the lunch, the kids who stayed played outside.
It was interesting. The boys grouped together while the girls did the same.
The girls remained in the playground while the boys formed a soccer team.
Poor Justin at the fence felt left out, but was good afterwards.
❤️
Here she is. We tried to get 3D image, but she wasn't having it. She had her foot, her hands,
and the umbilical chord in the way. This was the best we could get. She's looking like my husband in this pic. The eyes and the nose, especially. lol. ha ha ha ah ha!!! I can't wait to kiss her.
In another picture, she was sucking her thumb and then trying to put her toes in her mouth.
This girl moves A LOT!
Lips and nose. She will look like her dad. lol.
❤️
Early this morning, the men disappeared. They got home an hour later with cards,
flowers, and gifts. Here Maksim picked out these flowers for me.
Andrey took this picture at the store and sent it to me. I love his smile.
My boy is the most handsome and sweetest boy in the world!
My heart is so full.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
❤️
After our big family lunch, I arranged a photo shoot with my mother, who cancelled the event because they are busy getting their house ready for the market. Stay tuned for pictures with her. She has been such a positive mentor to Maksim and has helped us in so many ways.
She loves unconditionally and we're privileged to have such a caring mom in our lives.
Love you, Mom!
I stole this picture of mom from her FB page.
Here she is with Maya, Colette, and Binky Lou.









You and your brother are my crowning glory, my precious jewels from heaven. Thank you God for giving me my children whom I love so much. Without them, I would not be a mother and of course without you baby girl, I would not be a gumma of Maksim and Valeska. What a blessing unlimited to have you !
ReplyDelete