Welcome 2017! What a wonderful time to be alive and grateful for the new year and the year that was. I love making resolutions because it gives me the opportunity to grow, learn, and improve. A tremendous addition is my goals journal that focuses on monthly, weekly, and daily goals to help with achieving resolutions. I'm always thankful for what the universe reveals to me at the right time.
Wrapping up 2016 was exciting. Maksim and I had a, Mommy and Son date at one of my favourite Thai Restaurants, and then the next day was the dinner party at my parent's house where they catered to over 25 friends.
Before going out, Maksim begged to go to his favourite Mexican restaurant. He was craving quesadillas. I apologized and said we'd go to a Thai restaurant because the baby is craving curry. He wasn't happy but I ordered him his favorite dish, Wok Crazy Noodles, Thick Thick noodles with tofu and vegetables. When his dish arrived, all he could say was, "I love this! This is exactly what I wanted!" He said this five times while eating his food. He's such a joy to be with. I love our mommy and son dates. A tradition that will live on.
Since packing most of our belongings to our storage unit, my DSLR went missing so most, if not all, of my photos are from my mobile... for now. The camera must have been accidentally packed in one of the boxes that my brother sealed. Oh well. I'm confident it will turn up.
Here are some photos from my parent's, Last Day of the Year Party:
There were tons of food from different countries: American, Indian, Chinese, Filipino, Ukrainian, Turkey, and Middle Eastern. I love multiculturalism. All of the entrees were vegan/vegetarian. It was a smorgasbord or AWESOME!. Couldn't breath afterwards. Don't even get me started on the desserts. Everyone took home extra food and some were given to the homeless.
Maksim is holding a baby for the first time. He did well and he's definitely ready to be a big brother. He's very protective of my baby bump.
All in all, 2016 could have been better, but I'm thankful for a new year. Grateful for the year that was and Blessed for the year that is. Amen.









No comments:
Post a Comment