Baking Cookies With Friends

Friday, December 13, 2013

When I was in third grade, I took cooking classes after school. I learned how to cook peanut butter cookies, pizzas made from English muffins, rice crispies treats, and all the other goodness I shouldn't be eating at my now age of 33. So when I found out there was rehearsal at my parents' house earlier this evening - and Maksim's friends were coming over, I decided to spend time with the kids through the magical joy of baking cookies.

While the adults rehearsed their songs for the Christmas program for church, we kids baked cookies in the kitchen. It was wonderful to have little helpers. Maksim helped too. He helped stir the butter, put the cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to the batter, helped mixed, and watch the process take place. Since he's a toddler, his attention span maximized in 2 minute intervals. After the two minutes, he'd run off, then he'd come back and watch. I love getting him involved even though he's so young. In the long run, it will help build his character.

Jaylee cracking eggs in a bowl. She really makes me want to have a daughter.
The sweetest girl ever.

Maksim watching from the other side of the kitchen island.


The ingredients. Before the kids arrived, I pre-measured everything
and then placed them in baggies. It worked out really well.
The recipe was from the cover of a Quaker Oats container.

Gabe mixing the eggs. He helped with pouring most of the ingredients
to the batter while his sister mixed.

Jaylee scooping cookies into a baking sheet.
I really can't take credit for cooking these cookies.
The kids did everything, I just supervised.
  
YUM inside the oven. The aroma filled the house.
It was heavenly.

The goods. They were delicious.
Above is 1/2 of the batch.
We gave some to the adults and then...

I wrapped some cookies for thank you gifts for those who
attended Maksim's birthday party. His birthday blog will be
posted on his actual 2nd birthday on the 20th of December, 2013.
Check back soon.

After cooking is play time.
These three had a lot of fun.
They are family to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan