Opening Presents - Christmas 2013

Thursday, December 26, 2013


Happy Holidays!

Our Christmas Day was simply perfect. I cooked pancakes in the morning. Maksim had two pancakes. The first one didn't have jam, but the second one did. Big mistake putting jam on the pancake. He licked the jam off and nibbled bits and pieces. He ended up mashing the thing into smithereens then managed to get jam all over his hair. He was so sticky by the end of it that he had a bath soon after.

For lunch, Maksim's Uncle Izzy cooked a wonderful meal: turkey, stuffing, broccoli and a bunch of other dishes. It was just nice and simple. Then we opened a big holiday basket that was given to our family as a gift. Thanks, Dr. K!

After the food festivities, Maksim opened presents. I think Christmas is ultimately for kids. This year, I didn't even care if I got presents. The perfect gift was watching our son's face and expression as he opened the gifts. He was so happy and excited. There was this one gift that he just couldn't wait to open. He carried it around all week asking us to open it. It was a gift from Grandma Jody. Inside was a police car that made sounds. It was so precious. 

Andrey and I agreed that we wouldn't get Maksim presents this year - considering the abundance of gifts he received from last year. However, we are planning to get the Montessori homeschooling Curriculum for next year. We're so excited! But this year he got so many gifts from near and far. He is such a loved boy... we're so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. We love you!

Ornaments from the tree.

Christmas decor.

This year, I decided to wrap gifts in brown paper packages tied up in strings.

These are a few of my favorite things...
I added tiny ornaments for kicks.

Sesame Street Books

Looking at the presents.

Maksim got an Elmo Electric Guitar from his Gumma and Gumpa.
He received so many gifts from Gumma and Gumpa.
Our son is such a rock star... I can't get over it.
Thank You Auntie Marina for my awesome shirt.
Thank You Gumma and Gumpa for my many presents.

Here's a bonus. Last Tuesday, Maksim told his pediatrician that he has a belly button and a penis. Then last night he told his Gumma that she has a penis too. lol. Hilarious!

3 comments:

  1. My love is for my family specially my great handsome precious grandson Maksim.
    I used to go out shopping to buy anything that I liked but now instead of buying something for myself, I buy things for Maksim...I love you so much boy. I do hope you like the gifts we gave you which were never mentioned above...it is okay, I don't want publicity ....all I care is I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We said thank you in real life, but I'm sorry I didn't mention our thanks to you in this blog. You and dad gave a ton of gifts to Maksim and we're really grateful. I should have said something in the blog. Again, I'm really sorry. Please forgive us. We love you and thank you for everything you've done for us.

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan