At 10:00 last night our connecting flight home got delayed for an hour and then got cancelled. I only had my laptop and flip flops in my backpack but you just gotta roll with what you got and make it work. Our passenger mates were in uproar, but Izzy and I were pretty relaxed. It was another one of those things to cross off the life list:
- Get flight cancelled so the airport pays for your lodging and some of your meals for the next 24 hours. CHECK!
Just one of those unfortunate circumstances when you can't find yourself mad, but instead a little excited.
So here I am at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport at the wee hours of morning, wide awake, and blogging. A lot of people slept here last night. That's next on my life list.
Anyway, this trip pretty much shot my circadian rythmn but it feels good to be a jet setter - even if it's momentary. I just miss my husband and baby.
It's funny, after being in New Englad, hearing the familiar Bostonian and Rhode Island accent, I found myself picking it up again. I keep smiling at the unintentional nature of it all. Also, speaking to Dre on the phone was interesting. I got so used to him that I couldn't tell he had a slight Russian accent - but it was pretty strong when we spoke several times throughout the weekend.
Anyway, it will be nice to go back to my normal routine with my cute little family. I missed them so much! But I did have a great time in Massachusetts with my friends from long ago. Love to see them all again, hopefully in October at Matt and Vanessa's wedding.
Yes, getting flights canceled is fun. Happened to us in Sao Paulo Brazil--it's delightfully adventurous, and yet extremely annoying. But, now you can say that it's happened to you--that is totally worth it..:)
ReplyDelete