![]() | |
| Maksim's belly button fell off - January 2, 2012 Don't mind the poochie pads as lining and socks as mittens on his hands. LOL |
I seem to be blogging out of sync but anyway, Maksim's belly button fell off naturally a week ago on January 2, 2012. I lifted up his shirt to change his diaper and out popped off the belly button. It didn't seem to hurt him. He was relaxed the whole time I changed him.
And like his Mama and Papa, Maksim has an innie belly button. As for what has fallen off, I didn't save it. My mother wanted to see it but off to the trash it went. I'm not the type of mother to save anatomical parts (ie. the placenta to make it into a teddy bear). It's pretty gross and creepy if you think about it (IMO).
Things have been progressive smoothly. Maksim seems to have a voracious appetite, his digestion is well, diaper changes normal, and he's not turning blue (a sign to watch out for with his Pulmonary Stenosis). We have another appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow to monitor his condition. We've been optimistic about the whole thing and it has made a tremendous difference, but there are times I still break down and cry.
As far as bringing up baby, it should be called "Bringing Up Parents" since parenting is challenging. All the things I've done in the past are now considered a luxury: sleeping, showering, eating, going to the bathroom, going out, watching movies, reading, cooking, cleaning, and exercising. Even with my parents, my brother, and my husband helping out it seems as though I can't get any "ME" time in the span of 24 hours. Not that I'm complaining, but sometimes I reach my limit and I feel like locking myself in the bedroom, burying my head in a pillow and, with pleasure, scream my lungs out!!! Usually Dre can read me like a book so before it can happen he takes over and I am allowed to regain my composure. I absolutely LOVE being a mommy but I wonder how normal it is for parents to feel the pressure?
I blogged this and sacrifice a few minutes of sweet slumber - it helps with my sanity. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment