Annual Cardiology Appointment

Thursday, January 18, 2018


Being parents to a heart child can be tough. We were extremely lucky that Maksim's heart condition didn't require open heart surgery. You can read about his first heart surgery at one month old here. But once a year we visit his cardiologist to make sure his heart is functioning properly. One of my many concerns is heart enlargement, which happens when the heart is over worked. Lucky for this boy, his heart size is just fine. Further down the line, he will get an MRI to get a better view of his heart. There is also a probability that he will need a valve replacement surgery when he's older. This doesn't require an open heart surgery. Per his pediatric cardiologist, he will need to lose more weight and exercise more because he's on the obese side. Of course the BMI chart will say he's obese with being over the 100% for his age. He's 6 years old, over 4'2 tall, and weighs an even 70 lbs. He's the healthy size and weight of an 11 year old. I'm not overly concerned with his "obese" status, but we will keep him healthy with proper nutrition and physical activity.

For now, I'm fine and choose not to worry about this and that. Our boy is happy, healthy, energetic, and strong.

1 comment:

  1. I love this boy more than my life. I pray that his heart will function normally without surgery.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan