Last Day Of School & The Pink Eye

Saturday, June 3, 2017

The school had an end of the year potluck and field day yesterday at the park. Like last year, they rented a jumping castle. I got lazy and brought takeout since I worked all day and didn't have time to cook. Maksim had a fantastic time playing with the other kids. The food was likewise great as well.



It's bittersweet leaving the school that we completely fell in love with. I believe in its way and style of education, yet at the same time we had to make a decision to leave because we just built a house and there will be a new member of the family soon, Baby Vala. Another factor in switching schools is when Maksim will eventually transition to another school after 8th grade, he'll have a difficult time catching up to the different style of education and the fundamentals of mathematics that compound from grade school in such the setting.

I digress, the day after his last day of school, he and I skipped church because he woke up with the worst case of pink eye I've ever seen in a long while. He couldn't open his eyes in the morning since it was crusted shut. I raced to the pharmacy and bought eye drops. Towards lunch time, I got an email from the school that there was a pink eye outbreak in his class that morning. Crazy! I hope his eyes gets healed soon. He's a good sport through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan