I LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY!
Andrey and I planned on a Romantic Getaway to a Bed and Breakfast two weeks ago. We searched in three states within driving distance, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin. During the search, we found this charming little place in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. It was love at first sight. We booked it straight away for the weekend of Feb 10-12. Maksim stayed with my parents. So blessed to have them in our lives. What's awesome about this getaway it is that we checked off more items in our bucket list:
- Go on a romantic getaway ✓
- Rent a cabin in the woods ✓
- Go to a Bed and Breakfast ✓
![]() |
| The drive to Bowman's Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast was relaxing. We left Iowa at noon and arrived at 3:15 P.M. During the drive we listened to downloaded episodes of the IT Crowd on Netflix. It made the travel interesting. I loved seeing wild turkey and wild deer running around in the fields. Nature is beautiful. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Laurie and Russ, the innkeepers. They are the sweetest couple who made our stay memorable and extra special. They are such darlings. |
![]() |
| We rented, Aunt Gerie's Cabin. Isn't she a beauty? I couldn't wait to see inside. |
![]() |
| The entrance and living room area. I loved the cute faux fireplace. I may adopt that design in our future home. |
![]() |
| Our cabin came with a little kitchenette with pots, pans, plates, mini-fridge, microwave and everything needed to cook. |
![]() |
| Our cabin came with a whirlpool sauna in the bathroom. Guess who took full advantage? Gosh, I love this man! |
![]() |
| I love documenting our family adventures. This include taking a pictures of toilets. |
![]() |
| Dre in front of our cute little cabin. You'd never expect the interior to be so spacious. Love it! |
The Food
We opted to be vegetarians during this trip and took a break off of veganism. The food at this Bed and Breakfast was excellent. It was wonderful dining with other couples. The couples we had brunch with were from Illinois and Minnesota. I loved that we all got together around the breakfast table and told nut shell versions of our lives and experiences in the Dells. What a wonderful retreat.
Not pictured: muffins, cookies, french toast. I couldn't whip out the camera fast enough for me to completely dive in the delicious food.
Not pictured: muffins, cookies, french toast. I couldn't whip out the camera fast enough for me to completely dive in the delicious food.
Click here for Valentine's Day Getaway Part 2 (два) - The Excursion













No comments:
Post a Comment