Saw this flour activity on pinterest a month ago. You spread flour on a baking sheet, place toy cars, and let your toddler go to town. We decided to try it out 2 weeks ago. I thought it was going to be a mess, but our son was pretty good about keeping the flour inside the baking sheet. It was easy to clean up as well.
Not sure if he liked this activity more than I did. From observation, it seemed as though he found it peculiar. He neither smiled nor showed enthusiasm but found it strange to run his trucks and toys through a strange medium rather than the floor he is accustomed to. It was interesting to watch him play with such concentration. Sometimes I wonder about him. He gets extremely focused, quiet, and pensive with certain things he does. He touched the flour and felt its texture between his fingers. He turned the tray several times, paused often, and then stared. He picked up several toys and played, but I'm not sure if "play" is the operative word. I sat next to him, smiled, and tried to get him excited by showing him all the fun things he could do. He held my hand back and said, "Mama, please stop." It kind of shocked me. At that point I sat afar to let him do his thing and watched. There was so much concentration. I can't help but wonder what goes on in his mind. However, when he's with the pets, he's mischievous, like how a toddler should be.
Twenty minutes later he looked up and said,
"Mama, no more. Maksim's hands dirty. Wash hands now. All done."
That's our son.
And now, here is our snooty snooty smug cat.
Maksim feeds the cat twice everyday.
Every morning and evening he says, "Mama, feed cat. Feed cat."
He even refills Jean-the-Cat's water fountain.
Yep, cat is now Maksim's cat.








No comments:
Post a Comment