The Rowdy Button

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Today was one of the most challenging Sabbath's at church with Maksim. As soon as we entered the sanctuary he switched on the rowdy button. He pulled out Bibles and hymnals out of the pews, grabbed the tithe envelopes and tossed them in the air followed by loud laughter, he took baskets and tried to dump them in the garbage, he laid down on the floor underneath the pews and had tantrums whenever I tried to pick him up, and during the children's story he couldn't keep still. At one point, he moved from east to west, then ran towards the piano to his Uncle Izzy, and then he tried to escape to the front of the church - his goal, the pulpit. Uncle Izzy caught him before he got any further. I literally had to carry him from the front of the church to the back like a football under my arm while he screamed, kicked, and pushed. Andrey was working the sound/media so he couldn't help. But, enough was enough, we headed straight to the mother's room where he played with other kids.

He used to be semi-well behaved during church, but he is about to enter his terrible 2's in a little over a month. But... it really was an interesting experience. I found it rather funny but will need to start reading more parenting books - specifically ones on how to productively discipline a toddler without having them lose their identity. 

Here is Gumma (bless her heart) trying to get Maksim to
sit and listen to the story at the front of the church.
He wiggled free from her grip.

The 5 seconds Maksim sat still when Nahel called him to sit next to him.

Here's Gabe playing a part for the story.
Maksim is not paying attention. lol.

Maksim playing with nesting containers.

Stacking them up.

Higher, and higher.

To the left is Maksim and Raysen inside a big bucket in the mother's room. That bucket was filled with toys before Maksim dug them out, and then dispersed and chucked them all over the room. Needless to say, it was a disaster. I cleaned up the room three times but finally gave up knowing its chaotic fate.

Kids will be kids. 
Let them play.
Let them have fun. 
Let them figure things out.
Let them be independent. 
Let them be heard.
Let them express themselves.
Let them look up to us as examples.
Let us be kind to our kids.
Let us show them the world. 
Let us guide them in the path of good.
Let us shower them with love.
Let us be good parents.
- Elle A-

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Reminds me of my own experiences with Rylie! It is so hard to try to make a toddler stay still, it just goes against their nature!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a short chapter of a TODDLER's life...I love him no matter what. I find this experience so challenging that I enjoy every minute of life with my grandson....my JOY, my wealth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha let the fun begin :) I love his little big man outfit it's so cuteeee!!! I also love their energy, that's such a fun chapter of their development

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan