Interesting Expansion

Sunday, September 4, 2011

{ My jeans extender = hair elastic }
Above is my prego belly evident through the visible linea nigra. Funny story actually. A few months ago, Dre kissed the bump and said, "You have a dark line running vertical on your belly. I've never seen that before." So the concerned mommy-to-be in me hit webmd to check it out. It's pretty common in many pregnant women because of the escalated estrogen levels that pigment the skin (darkens the nipples, armpits, stretch marks, etc.). I also learned that there's a superstition to it - which further validated my prediction that our baby is a boy. The old wives tale predicts that if the linea nigra runs vertical only below the belly button, the baby is a girl. If the line runs vertical above and below the belly button, then the baby is a boy. From the picture you really can't see the line under my belly button, but according to the theory it's evident that our baby is a boy... and BY GEORGE... he is! :-)

So it's time I invest on a belly band (aka tummy sleeve). I've been fortunate enough to save a few of my fat jeans to get me by without purchasing new pairs. I did some major digging and was glad to have found them. But as pregnancy goes, I'm starting to outgrow them once more. The fit suits well except for the area of the burgeoning belly. I must definitely check it out today.

So the next ultrasound is scheduled for the 15th. I think it's going to be the 3D one. I can't wait!!

STATS:
Baby M is a little over one pound (about the size of a mango), 11 inches long and can hear muffled sounds. We have17 WEEKS TO GO (119 days). It's going to fly by! The 3rd trimester (26.67 approx. 27 weeks) starts in less than 4 weeks. So excited!


1 comment:

  1. That is funny about the linea nigra theory. I stilll have mine, and it is below my belly button which also attests to the correctness of this wives' tale. You look awesome my friend!!!

    Autumn

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan