Junk Food Cravings

Monday, September 12, 2011


The junk food cravings are kicking in at an intense rate and it's scaring me. Likewise I exercise 3x a day to burn it off (also in fear of that escalating blood sugar levels leading to diabetes) but I need to control it since calorie intake outweighs the energy expended. It's getting a lot harder.

Below are the recent junk foods that I think about when I wake up in the morning:

McDonald's Big Mac
I've been so good at avoiding fast food joints but for some reason all I want are boxes of Big Mac's. Every time I see that golden arch of burden, I crave it. We also have a Micky D's near our house. It doesn't help the situation. Ugh!

Philly Cheese Steak
I specifically LOVE the Charley's Steakhouse Philly Cheese Steak with grilled onions, green peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, topped with ranch dressing. Sooo sooo sooo sooo good. I only get the 6' sub. The foot long is WAY too much.

Cheese or Olive Pizza
I've actually craved pizza throughout the whole pregnancy, but indulged just today. Pretty damn proud of myself. It was sooo delicious. Got the subway pizza so the amount is limited, not bottomless. Felt guilty afterwards so I worked out.

Kentucky Fried Chicken
I hate that there are so many restaurants within a 5 mile radius from our house, including the KFC joint near the mall. I love the original bucket of chicken - I can't stand all the other ones that they have (like the grilled chicken). But yes, mmmmm mmmmmm good.

Any Soft Serve Vanilla Cone
This takes all the mood swings away and leads me into my happy place where no one else exists except me and a heavenly cone of soft vanilla. I've only had this once throughout my pregnancy but been craving it more and more each day. I might drive myself tonight to get one. Insert another UGH here.

I hope it doesn't get any worse. Food (junk specifically) just never tasted so good. The worse thing that could happen is if I go nuts and throw the concept of portion control out the window - but I'm sure Dre will stop me before I go completely insane. I need to put a stop to this madness because I do not want to raise our son eating junk food. I don't even want it in the house once he's born.

2 comments:

  1. When pregnant I was always, always hungry!! So, I loved this post...thought it was hilarious. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's DIFFICULT to control. How did you control your hunger/cravings?

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan