Iowa & The Channel Cat Water Taxi

Thursday, August 28, 2014


The next couple of blogs will be catching up on what happened this summer. My only regret is snapping less to document our lives. Pictures are so valuable. They help our son retain these great memories with family. Even I remember when I was 2 years old, sitting in front of my brother while holding a pen. People were doing ridiculous things behind the camera to get me to smile. I remember it vividly because I have that picture to reference back to.

I digress, here are pictures from the beginning of summer. Pictures of the great Iowa farmlands and our Channel Cat Water Taxi adventures.


There are so many times I want to leave Iowa to migrate west or south to have it warm all year round. But then we drive through the farm lands and I fall in love all over again.
It's so peaceful, serene, blissful, and out of the hustle and bustle of the city life.




The Channel Cat Water Taxi is actually really cool. There are several docks along the Mississippi on both sides of the river (Iowa/Illinois). Several of these CCWT sail to these ports to pick up or drop off people. The docs are located near tourist areas: Isle of Capri Casino, Village of East Davenport, John Deere Commons, and the Celebration Belle in East Moline. One pass guarantees all day boarding. It was a fun little excursion for our family.







1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan