Let's Go Out To Maksim's Kitchen

Friday, August 29, 2014


I'm not going to sugar coat it, I've had an insane work/home week - so crazy that I was close to packing my bags, flying to Cancun, and screaming, "YOLO YOLO YOLO" from the top of my lungs. Instead, I downloaded some relaxing, anti-anxiety music/meditation/audiobook... breathed deep, and sucked it up.

The week's culmination exploded the pressure cooker of sanity within. I wont go into details, but I had a mini-breakdown after work. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but RETAIL THERAPY. I ended up at TJMaxx to buy shoes -- but then something happened... I ended up in the kids' section and saw the little kitchen station. All the sudden, all the anger, anxiety, and angst left me. I bought it, along with a wooden Pizza kit for our son who LOVES to cook. That joy and excitement on his face when we presented it to him was priceless. He didn't want to let go of it. We played for hours. That, my friends, is motherhood.

And... release... 

once again I was emotionally stable. 

It's hard being a working mom, ya'll.






I'd like to finish off this blog with a tweet I found on twitter. I laughed so hard when I read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan