ABC's

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Maksim is such a funny kid. For a while, he wouldn't recite his ABC's. We'd sing it to him ad nauseum, ad infinitum and not a peep from him. Six months ago, he'd point at random letters and say what the letter was. It was impressive. When I deliberately pointed at a letter and asked what it was, he'd keep silent and then run off to play with his toys.

It was fine... if he wasn't ready, he wasn't ready. 

A week ago, I found these Melissa & Dough Magnetic Wooden Alphabet at TJ Max for $7.00 - Can't beat that! Instead of having him play with the letters on the refrigerator, I bought an Oil Drip Pan at Walmart and hung it in his bedroom wall with damage free poster strips. At first Maksim played with the letters with his Papa. When Papa asked him to find a random letter, he'd give it to him.  What?!  They went through the whole alphabet and he found each letter. Then we left him alone to play on his own. I snapped pictures in the background. As I was browsing through the photos in the camera, he started to sing the ABC song. At first I couldn't believe my ears. I was in shock then hurried up to press the record button on my camera. My reflexes started recording the video mid song at the letter H. Unfortunately he wouldn't sing it again... silly boy!

"No Mama, I will not sing again." 

*sh* But I'm so proud of our little Bean.

2 Years & 4 months old


 





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of my grandson ! Dear God thank you so much for blessing me with this precious boy who gives color to my world. ILYSM Maksim.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan