Maksim Gets A Library Card

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Today Maksim's Uncle Izzy and I took him to the library for the first time where he got his first card... the most important card... a LIBRARY CARD!

When Izzy and I were young, we spent hours at the library reading and learning. It was our playground. I hope Maksim will learn to love books as much as we do.


The little excursion to the library went better than expected. Maksim was quiet, inquisitive, observant, and he seemed to enjoy himself after handing me a couple of toddler books. He started venturing out after sitting on my lap on a rocking chair. He moved on to the table to read, play with legos, color, and then play with a truck.

I really love the resources available for the public to use for free. I hope that libraries will continue to exist long into the future. As much as I love my kindle and my electronic devices, there is no substituting the touch, the feel, the smell, and the sight of massive numbers of books organized in a shelf. To me, such the environment is a slice of heaven.

Maksim's very first library card.

Maksim holding his library card.

Choosing books to borrow.

Reading the truck book.

LEGO!

Who doesn't love playing with legos?

Maksim on a mission to build something.

Coloring.

Playing with the lego truck.

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute Maksim. I can't believe how you have grown....You were just a little baby in my arm but now you are running around playing and talking..You are my JOY honey BOY! You are absolutely my BIGBOY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something my children and family enjoy so often. Yay! Maksim!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan