First Food!!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

YAY!!!  Maksim's first food - Organic Pureed Pears! 

Maksim's first taste was funny.  His hands were everywhere making it difficult to put the spoon in his opened mouth on autopilot.  When I finally got the spoon in and was retrieved, he reached out, grabbed some food off of the spoon and then put his soaked fingers in his mouth.  What a baby!  It went everywhere.  But he loves it - it's the greatest thing on Earth to him right now.  He wanted more but I only give him a teaspoon each during mid morning, noon, and mid afternoon.  Slowly we'll get to where he'll be able to eat more, it will take some time.  His digestive system is not used to it yet.

Yesterday was a first for me as well - first time to make baby food.  I enjoyed the experience, even the cleaning up wasn't all that bad.  I've anticipated feeding him solids for a few months now - and it was a VERY sticky situation indeed.  lol.

The recipe is below from the, Fresh Start cookbook. I should have cooked half on the amount since we froze the leftovers.  I'd like to feed him fresh foods as much as possible so his food doesn't lose its nutritional value.  Dre and I will have to eat the other cups soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maksim, I am so excited that all I want now is to see you eat...YOu are cute! love the taste of the new food? please don't forget your milk, you need it! Gumma loves you so much.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations!!! He is getting soo big and adorable!!!
    See you around and have fun with your new food!

    Mak-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Maksim! Sounds like you're mommy is becoming quite the 'baby food chef'! = - )

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan