It's Official

Thursday, April 21, 2011

If Baby is a Boy

If Baby is a Girl

We're pregnant! I can not believe it. A week ago I was at my ultimate peak of moodiness. I was a mess. My emotions were up and down and whoever I came across with had to suffer the consequences of my irritability. Last Saturday I went off on my husband for no apparent reason then started to cry my eyes out. He asked what was wrong and I responded with, "I don't know!" Not only did I have extreme mood swings that would pass me for having some kind of bi-polar disorder, my body experienced simultaneous changes: fatigue, headache, acne, tender breasts, cramping, gassiness, and bloating.

On Tuesday evening, the 19th, I decided to take a pregnancy test ignoring all the instructions to take it in the morning. It was also too early to take it but I was extremely eager so I fed the anxiety. After two minutes there was a faint blue line and a solid blue line. I didn't tell Dre. The next morning, I took another one, still a faint blue line but more prevalent than the previous night's pregnancy test and a solid blue lie. With this, I asked Dre for a second opinion to make sure that there really was a line there. He confirmed it but wanted to wait a few more days to get a better reading. I agreed to take another test on Saturday, the 23rd.

That didn't last long because I was stubborn and I wanted to know. The morning of the 20th I went to the bathroom and secretly took a pregnancy test. After three minutes, I entered the bedroom holding the test and with a smile on my face, I told Dre, "Congratulations honey, you're going to be a father." The pregnancy test showed two very bold pink lines. To make it more official, I missed my period. It was literally one of the best days of my life. I say this because three years ago my gynecologists told me that it will be extremely difficult for me to get pregnant. And here we are after our third try and we're pregnant!

If there's anyone I can thank for this wonderful miracle, it is God. In my weakness, I accepted the fact that I was unable to get pregnant. I cried about it for three years and got frustrated and emotional whenever I heard of anyone getting pregnant or giving birth. I shut myself out from the world in self pity, crawled into a ball and sobbed. Of recent, I started praying for a miracle. What's wonderful and comedic about this is that God completely proved me wrong... that I, in fact, can get pregnant! That I, in fact, am fertile! I still can not stop praying and thanking God for this wonderful miracle.

No one knows yet. It's too soon to go public with it. The only person who knows besides Dre and me, is Izzy. He's here every day so he knows. I will be almost 4.5 weeks this Saturday when we tell my parents and Dre's family. We'll make it public to the world after the first trimester or when I start showing.

Good news is that my sister-in-law, Marina, is pregnant as well. She is 8.5 weeks ahead of me. Life is wonderful!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!

    I am SOOOO very happy or you! I had exact same moodiness... same same same before I found out! All the best!!! HUGSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you! We're so excited. Hugs to your baby boy. Glad we both have boys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Elle and Dre! Such a blessing! I love reading your blog and hoping one day that God will bless me too as you know my situation as well. I didn't know you had the same situation, to some degree, but I'm glad that you will become a momma soon! Take care and keep me posted. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan