This year my brother Izzy and I decided to celebrate our birthdays at Medieval Times in Shaumburg, IL. This was an opportunity to cross off this event that has been in my bucket list for over ten years. We live for experiences more than physical things.
Experience is the teacher of all things.
Julius Caesar.
Julius Caesar.
First, the food was fantastic. Dad and Izzy enjoyed the omnivore cuisine: tomato soup, garlic bread, half of a roasted chicken, potatoes, corn, and pie. Dre, Maksim, and I loved the vegetarian menu: tomato soup, garlic bread, hummus with carrots, celery, and pita, big bowl of bean soup with rice, potatoes, and pie. It was filling. I loved watching and dining simultaneously. Mom decided not to go with us. This was not her scene. We ordered her Thai Food and she stayed in the hotel with our four dogs. No worries, she had fun shopping the next day.
The show was fantastic. Jousting, swords, sparks from the intense fights, horses showing off their skills, and a trained falcon flew beautifully inside the arena. These actors are talented. My only complain were the two women who sat next to me. They were obnoxiously loud rooting for our Yellow Knight. Honestly, by the end of the night, my ear drums were about to pop.
All in all, it was an awesome night. I'd love to go back in a couple of years.





No comments:
Post a Comment