Snots & Boogers

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Yup, it is the season for snots and boogers. My little superman is sporting one (for the nth time this fall/winter) and it has changed me.

Before Child (BC) these things grossed me out. Every time my friends' kids had snots dripping out of their noses, it made me want to hurl. There were times they'd use their sleeves to wipe the boogies off. They'd even use their spit to clean the dried goo.

Things have changed. I've experienced some crazy and gross things ever since my son was born.



Below are recent things that happened that would have grossed me out BC:

  • Maksim came to me with snots dripping from his nose. Before I could get a tissue, he hugged me and wiped snots all over my shirt. It took me an hour to change out of it.
  • Once it got everywhere... everywhere!
  • I've used my sleeves to wipe dripping boogies from his nose. It didn't phase me one bit.
  • I've used my scarf as well. 
  • Maksim's Gumma taught him how to blow his nose. Every time he needs to blow, he says, "Blow nose."
  • He hands me a single tissue or a box of tissues to wipe his boogies.
  • I've used my bare hands to take boogies out of his nose.
  • When Maksim asks me to blow his nose, I'd tell him to get the box of tissues instead of getting them myself. Guilty! A mother can be lazy sometimes.
There is a limit to my gross motherhood madness... I only do these things at home. But who knows, I'll probably (or already have) gross/ed out some young inexperience lassie with my ways. :-) It's okay, they'll experience it one day as well. lol.

With this... motherhood is pretty awesome. There are so many things about myself I still yet to find out being a Mama. It really makes me laugh, considering how I used to be. Oh how things change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan