I love little milestones. This time it was Maksim's FIRST haircut at the barbershop - not at the hair salon - but a barbershop, Big League Barbers. I wanted to take him somewhere manly, where the decor was sports related instead of pink, sparkles, and glittery. Gumma came with us too.
When we got there, Maksim just stood looking around at the place. He seemed observant, yet cautious of what was about to happen. As a mommy, I should have prepared him of what was to come up to decrease any existing anxiety. However, he seemed to be a good sport about it. Big Leagues had a lot of things to occupy his time before his haircut.
![]() |
| BEFORE |
![]() |
| BEFORE |
Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures of our son getting his haircut since he wouldn't sit on the chair alone. I had to sit with him on my lap facing me so that the barber (who happened to be female, Heather) could cut his hair. It was painless. Maksim was scared at first but channeled his attention to the cartoon playing in the television. He did well.
![]() |
| AFTER |
![]() |
| FIRST HAIRCUT CERTIFICATE |
I absolutely love that Maksim got a certificate for his first ever haircut. What was awesome was that it was free since it was his first one ever! That place was pretty awesome. His certificate is framed and is hanging in his bedroom wall. I also kept a lock of his hair. It's precious. :-) Love these firsts with my son.








No comments:
Post a Comment